Thursday, February 13, 2014

You know who never wore prints? Emma Peel, that's who.

So, I'm taking the March challenge at The Monthly Stitch, and I've chosen some print fabrics from my stash to be my guide in selecting my top three patterns.

Now, I don't usually gravitate to prints in my wardrobe, because I consider them somewhat limiting and hard to wear, and I've always tried to follow the "three things" rule when shopping for (or sewing) clothes.  The rule states that whatever you buy/sew/acquire for your wardrobe should go with at least three things already in your wardrobe.

Also, I've always considered solids more chic.  I'm a bit of a prints bigot, if you like.  It's so easy for prints to look dated, wrongly proportioned and sometimes, a little cheap, depending on how they're used.  Prints are for scarves, right?

None of my style icons are prints ladies.  Check out the fabulous Diana Rigg as the even more fabulous Emma Peel



Emma Peel and John Steed: Solid black and champagne!
I'm such a fan of her style that I even have a Pinterest board called What Would Mrs. Peel Do?

Still, I'm going the extra mile for this challenge.  Letting other people tell me what to sew is one thing.  Sewing it in fabric I may not be able to figure out how to wear chicly is a whole other thing.  But, who knows?  It may take me into wonderful new fashion territory!  

Cheers!

/CherylAnn


No comments:

Post a Comment